Welcome to the digital era.
Personalize each customer’s shopping experience is one of the most powerful differentiators.
“56% of consumers say Amazon demonstrates an understanding of their individual preferences and needs.”
This is not the case with traditional retailers.
Consumers are more likely to shop with retailers that deliver personalized and connected cross-channel experiences. Customized experiences also increase their loyalty to that brand.
“We need to embrace change. It’s about survival. The key to success is Customized experience.”
Key trends - A deep understanding of needs that will shape the future of customer expectations.
Tips to improve performance
- A clear description packed with keywords about products and services.
- Strong image and unique sales proposition
- Boot shopper confidence by eliminating uncertainty; transparency can help set expectations.
Offering an omni-channel journey to your customer’s means that both platforms should complement each other and create a friction-free mobile experience across apps and on site at the reception.
A. Show in-store availability is a key to delivering an omni-channel experience.
B. Provide full product and service details on mobile / all necessary details.
C. Make reception unique by adapting service to customer’s profiles; make it easier for visitors to check-in and check-out.
D. Allow visitors mistakes, strong process is a proven point of friction.
E. Don’t overwhelm visitors with recommendations; note their preferences.
Delivering targeted personalized content and offers based on common segments:
- Past purchasers / visitors
- After Sale service support
- Return visitors who have not purchased / specific requests
Key differentiators with unique value propositions and strong social proof.
- User reviews to relate how people describe your products and services.
- Social media for listening what consumers are saying about your brand.
- Test to find out which creates the most engagement.
“Top 1% customers are 18 X more valuable than an average customer.”
Personalize on-site experience in real time.
- Welcome using customer’s name
- Customizing recommendation based on past visits / purchases
- Automatically issuing proposition for your most loyal customers
“Give to return visitors option to expedite check-in / check-out process”
The more customers feel service is tailoring to its experience, the more likely he will remember your brand and be satisfy. The challenge is to acquire customer information to provide tailored and unique experience and ad value to your customers. One solution is to replace the e-mail submission form on the landing page with an offer to get a “Free Catalog” or a “Special Discount” on next purchase. Customers will see greater value in signing up for a catalog or a discount and will provide their e-mail address and references.
- Use limited-time free shipping creates a sense of urgency; it increase conversion rates;
- Be transparent about how long a product will take to ship to avoid angry customer;
- Invest in the ability to buy online and pick-up in store.
Fine-tune and personalize mobile experience is a challenge.
Exit mod – Customer journey
Homepage / Checkout /Product detail page / Category page
Source: Case studies Optimizely